Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lace Up



I�ve been trying really hard to avoid Zara recently. Not out of any bad feeling towards the store or the clothes, but more as a preventative measure against succumbing to buying far too much that you ultimately mentally grow out of within a few weeks.

Seriously, I sometimes think about the amount I�ve spent in Zara over the last five or so years and it would probably amount to not one, but two pairs of Chloe Susaanna boots (my dream �one day� item for as long as I can remember). A terrifying thought and one I try not to dwell on too often.

There�s no denying Zara is great (my most-worn and most-complimented jeans are all from there) but you can end up falling into something of a black hole unique to the Spanish store, whereby you feel like you could never wear that coat without that jumper, that jumper without that skirt and so on... 

Anyway, I�ve definitely learnt to reign it in after many, many impulse buys but still have the occasional Zara moment. This Saturday was one such day.  I went in with the pretence of Christmas shopping for others, and came out with two items for myself. C�est la vie I suppose.

If you�d told me at the start of the day, I�d be coming home with a pair of lace-up skinny jeans, I would probably have laughed but that�s exactly what I came home with.  Britney in her Crossroads days would be so proud. They too might end up being a fairly fleeting purchase, but right now, I kind of love them. 

Jeans // Zara
Jumper // Zara
Coat // Very, very old vintage from Paris
 Boots // Vintage
Bag // Gucci

More options below...

No comments:

Post a Comment